Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

Words of wisdom shared by a friend of a friend

"My shrink says: To be/ or to find/ your ‘true self’  pay attention to the moments when you feel the contentment in which you are fully fully engaged and REALLY present and not thinking about it. You are probably being yourself then."

That's easy, right?

"Feel" is a key word, albeit subjective.  When do I "feel" contentment?

When I'm writing this blog, learning something new, practicing what I've learned (which tonight is transferring images from high-contrast magazines on Gel Plates).  When I'm engaged in a stimulating, honest conversation;  getting a massage; tasting something delicious; taking pictures on a long road trip; being with people I love....

Contentment: Peaceful, relaxed, not stressed, not worried, interest piqued, inspired.

Fully fully engaged: Losing track of time, don't care if I do, completely absorbed

REALLY present: not multi-tasking or talking on the phone or watching TV while doing the thing I'm doing, 100% there in the moment, not anticipating what other people will think.

Voila!

That, according to the therapist of a friend of a friend, and probably all who make art every day or do whatever makes them stumble upon delight, is being your very own authentic and self.





No comments: