Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday

Since I knew Elena was going to spend the day with me after their church, I decided to meet them at church on Bandera Road--though I was half an hour late because I thought church started at 10:30 and missed Jason's sermon.

After church, Jason and his kids went with us for Thai lunch, then Elena and I went to the zoo, along with half the population of San Antonio.

Elena and I spent half our time looking at butterflies, me snapping with the iPhone, she with the Nikon.  She's always loved the butterfly house and is thrilled when a moth or butterfly lands on either of our hands.  Here are a few of Elena's photographs taken with a zoom lens.




Usually, I buy her a present at the gift shop, but this time she insisted on taking her own money--$82 in birthday money and tooth fairy coins.

She enjoyed using her own money to buy a sparkly giraffe and a turquoise snake....

Elena and her giraffe

A little girl we met who looked like she belonged on  a magazine cover

Girl after my own heart, Elena loves taking pictures



Since the zoo closed early, we were able to catch an episode of Queer Eye before going to California Pizza with her parents.

It's been a wonderful spring day in San Antonio!


No comments: