Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Having a Play

I fall asleep nearly every night to the sound of Mike's voice--Mike Deakins, that is, the one from the UK who says corny things like "Hey Ho" and "Waste not, want not," but who also shows me all these cool things I can do with ink, string, paper and glue.

Often he sits down at his craft table and says, "Today I feel like having a play...." with--whatever materials he has neatly laid out on his glass crafts mat.

Well, here it is 2:30 in the morning at my house and I feel like having a play all day on Wednesday.  No handymen here, no yard man, not one thing upon my calendar except what I reserved this Wednesday for when what was originally on it got canceled.

(Edward was here all day yesterday and got the ceiling of the casita painted--due to the fact that I chose to run errands to avoid Mr. Talkative, self-dubbed "the Mexican Eddie Murphy.") That he is--but I don't feel like paying hourly for comedy at the moment.

Or--as he gave me yesterday--a run down of "what women want" based on a book his newly divorced pal is reading by the same title, being sure to let me know that he--lady's man he's always been--would never deign to or need such a book.

I don't feel like going to the grocery store or cooking or cleaning my house.  I feel like going back to  sleep, then awakening to a day of having a little play.

In case you want to join me long-distance, here's a video, not by Mike, but by a woman named Marsha who shows you how to use your Gelli Plate to make a little book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvD_Q18rBtY


No comments: