Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Book Arts

As I proceed on these projects I'm doing, I seem to be zooming in on what it is I want to do.  In the online communities, it's called Book Arts.

Making books--broadly defined books, but also Rolodex file cards and other unique papers--involves building small books that can be used for writing in, collections of quotations, etc.  Or they can stand alone as visual books with no words at all.

If you're interested in learning about these, I can give you many teachers' names, but the one I'm following most closely at the moment is Robyn McClendon. She has many excellent videos on You Tube and I signed up on her Patreon for more videos and extras.  To be a Patreon member, you pay anywhere from $2 to $10 a month and get more in-depth videos and information about workshops and even international retreats with some.

Robyn is well-known and travels all over the world, collecting images and materials and teaching workshops.

If this interests you at all, as it does Nellie and me, check out Robyn on You Tube.


No comments: