Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

Seventy One Years on Planet Earth....

How lucky am I???

I'm having a wonderful birthday--mostly on the phone, but also with some sweet emails and a porch visit this morning from Jan and the boys singing Happy Birthday.

I had just turned the phone off and set up Vera Blake as my fall-to-sleep movie of the afternoon when Day called, so we had a little birthday visit in the crack between hers and mine.  (I was in labor the entirety of my 23rd birthday as I recall, though she waited until after midnight to show her face and gender!). How lucky am I!

And then to get this email from my mama who brought me into the world 71 years and 12 hours ago:

This marks the anniversary of your
“Coming Out” party ... you had been with us for nine months ... we already loved you,  then we got to see you, hold you, watch you, cherish you ... 
and soon see you smile.... hear you 
laugh!  It was a birth for us, too!   We
Became Parents of a beautiful daughter, Guardians of a Special Gift, 
Nurturers of a perfect Child ....
Ever grateful for that day, what we wanted more than anything was to honor the privilege and gift of making a Home worthy of the “mission” of yours and later Bob’s years with us .... I am so thankful for these extended years I have been given to share life with you and from where Lloyd is now, there is an echo ....LISTEN!

Happy Seventy-First!  And for the MANY yet to come!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️   L I N D A

How lucky am I to be loved by Carlene for 71 years and to have Lloyd still echoing in the wings, always present!  

Right now, my voice is hoarse from talking and my heart is happy and I'm really really going to turn off the phone for a bit and get some sleep and seal in all these good wishes and the love of my incredible tribe of family and friends!


No comments: