Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Random Acts of Kindness

1.

Last night, I stopped by Valero to gas up and get a drink and a snack.  Inside, a young woman in the line smiled and said, "Go ahead, Mama."

As I was about to pay, I realized I had left my wallet in the car, so I left to get it.  When I got back, the young woman had paid for me.

"Thank you," I said.  "You're an angel."

She grinned.  "You're welcome, Mama, but I'm not no f...... angel."

"Well, I'll consider this a birthday present," I said.

So as it turned out, the giver-of-the-drink-and-snack, along with the cashier, all had October birthdays, and we had a moment together!

2. This one wasn't so random: Jan packed me delicious road trip oatmeal cookies--which I had for lunch along with an avocado sandwich in the sweet little Old Town of Bastrop.

3. Every person I've met on the road has been friendly--including the desk people at the BW.  I met a woman in Bastrop--who guessed by my purchase of old photos--that I might do mixed media projects.  She does, too, so we shared some ideas for transferring photos to canvas--and of course, I told her about gel printing.


I've driven back roads under a grey sky, but no rain--a very relaxing day on the road, hardly any traffic.  Landed just now at the Nacogdoches Best Western and had fried catfish at the Clear Creek Restaurant--yummy!

My plan for tomorrow is to drive to Natchez, take the Natchez Trace to Tupelo, then hop on I20 and drive to Carlene's.




No comments: