Pages

Friday, October 18, 2019

Day 2 Thursday

I'm averaging about 400 miles a day and landed tonight not where I'd planned, but almost to Meridian.  Maybe Carlene and I will pop onto the Trace next week.

The Natchez Trace to Tupelo would have been beautiful, but it would have taken five hours, so I decided after short stops in Natchitoches, then Jena, Louisiana, then crossing the Mississippi River and stopping at the Natchez Visitor's Center (which is exceptional), to head on up to the main roads.

Unfortunately, getting there took a long time and a detour on a one-lane gravel road due to an accident with an 18-wheeler on the two-lane road.

It's been a nice quiet day.   Phone reception was practically nil today, so I got in road zone and looked at trees and barns, cemeteries and cows and small town window displays:

The Look I'm Going After

Mrs. B's in Jena

The Mississippi Bridge at Natchez


No comments: