Pages

Monday, October 21, 2019

Monday

Kate--who knows about bugs and stuff--guided me to the most likely source of my bites: the kissing beetle.

These nasty little buggers like to bite humans when they are sleeping, particularly around the mouth and eyes.  But first, they inject their victims with a numbing agent so that the sleeping person doesn't feel a thing until they are well out of town.

They can be dangerous to humans and dogs and make them very sick.  They have not done so for me--probably because I got right up and took a hot bath in the middle of the night.  But if you ever get mysterious bites in the night, and if you wake up looking all spotted and puffy, these guys may be your culprits.

We've had another wonderful day.  Bob and Jocelyn brought dinner and we visited until dark-thirty.

Tomorrow, Betty and I will go to the mountains in search of fall colors and adventure.


No comments: