Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2019

The Best Laid Plans....

1.

According to some book on happiness: A plan can sound really good a year or a week ahead, but when the actual date arrives, it's often less appealing.  This is why--in this chapter of my life--I prefer to do things spontaneously.  I often stay up very late making things and I prefer to wake up when I wake up, dreams not disturbed by a ringer.

Pam and I had talked about going to Round Top today--but both of us decided this morning that we actually didn't care all that much about traipsing through miles of antiques on a hot day.  And besides, neither of us needs or wants any antique things at the moment--unless we count ourselves and our friends as antiquities.  

2.

My second resin pour didn't cure any better than the first one. So I'm going to head over to Jerry's with my sticky tray top and seek advice.  I already returned the torch and ordered a cheaper one from Amazon.  When I took it in to Jerry's (because it had failed to work at my house and pop all the bubbles and dimples as promised), it worked just fine.  But there, the button was pushed by strong man hands.  They took it back anyway. I still have two bottles of resin mix and would like to figure this out before giving up.

If I do give up on resin, I can still make creme brûlée when my $12 torch arrives.

3.

I love it when friends decide together that it's okay to change a plan.  And I also love it when plans work out.  One of the benefits of retirement is that we can be more flexible and follow our moods and inclinations.

4.

I'm planning to go to Georgia this month as I always do, so  I booked a flight for October 17th.  But who knows?  I may wake up one coolish day and decide to drive instead and bank this flight for later.  Spontaneity is the order of the day.






No comments: