Pages

Monday, November 11, 2019

Christmas in November

The wind is blowing tonight and the air is cold--in the low-30s. It's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I had a big yummy taste of Christmas today.

After school, I told Elena that I had built a miniature cardboard village and her mind went to work on it before she even saw it.  "We could put little candles inside and some Christmas trees and people and animals!" she said.

I gave her half the village (who else would be so excited about cardboard houses and a church and a fire tower?) and we bought a snow blanket and a few little trees and some glitter, so I'm sure she will make it into a lively Christmas town on their dining table, and that makes me so happy.

She plundered my drawers for Santa Clauses and other accessories for her town.  From the driver's seat, I could see the glow of her almost-eight-year-old eyes when she told me, "You know the elves are going to move them all around!"


No comments: