Pages

Friday, November 15, 2019

Early Thanksgiving

Tomorrow, Saturday, is Thanksgiving at my house.

After Elena, the bridesmaid, has breakfast with the bride, and after the family goes to The Alamo for Nathan's Texas History project, they will come over for whatever meal it's time for.

The table is set, the food is simple and can be put together after they arrive, and tonight my four little village houses with candles inside are flanked around a vase of lilies.

The plan is to have our meal, then go to the casita for games and crafts and talk about plans for their trip to Japan this summer--to which I have been invited.

I still remember my pen pal from Japan--Shigimi Matsuda.  We were twelve.  We sent each other little gifts and scrapbooks.  I thought of her today when I went to Jerry's Art O'Rama to buy a calligraphy pen (a wooden stick with a carved point) for Nathan to go along with a book I got him about writing Japanese characters.

I'm going to physical therapy to strengthen my right knee so that I can make a trip with them.  I'd rather prefer to look like a chic grandmother than a limping one for this vacation!

But first--we're ALL going to Virginia the day after Christmas to spend a few days--and to celebrate Tom's 50th birthday belatedly.  I'll fly to Georgia, spend Christmas with Carlene, Bob, and Jocelyn, then Carlene and I will have a road trip to Virginia, slow and easy.

No comments: