Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Finding Christina

Tina and I were friends in our twenties and thirties--those Helotes decades of having small children.  After I moved from Helotes, I visited her occasionally in Grey Forest in the house she personally transformed from ragged to way cool. A woman who can do anything, she had even sided the house with stones--as well as structural changes to the interior!

She moved to Santa Fe for a while, then back, then as often happens even with people we love, we lost touch.  She changed her phone number, I changed mine, and neither of us were active on Facebook.

Lately, I've thought about her a lot and wondered where she was.  Turns out she re-joined Facebook and I found her there on one of my infrequent visits to the site.  She goes by the name Christina Nouveau (she gave herself a new last name after a divorce) and she posts her art there.

Well, of all things: yesterday was a chilly day with fall leaves all over the riverbank in Boerne where I sat for a while.

The traffic in Boerne was thick, so I drove on to Comfort, thinking I'd have breakfast at High Street Cafe, but it was closed. Right around the corner was Eighth Street Market--Coffee and 'Tiques so I went inside .   This store (many different vendors) is the best shopping place in Comfort and well worth the drive.

As I was looking for the restroom, I ran into Tina, my old friend from Helotes days.  We were so happy to see each other that we had tears in our eyes!

She was on her way to Boerne but changed her plans and took me home with her, and wow!  She and Ted are remodeling a farm house right on the Guadalupe River, just a four miles from Comfort, and I admired every room, especially her quintessentially-Tina art studio.

I'm so happy to have found my long lost friend!






No comments: