Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Markers of a day--second post of the morning

My Saturday was filled with tubs and tiles and towels.  First I went to Lowe's and spent an hour talking bathtubs with Gary--though we mostly talked about our shared perspectives on political disaster and hopes for a change in November.  Since I wanted cast iron, not acrylic, I had to drive to another Lowe's on 1604 to get the one I wanted.

Then Sebastien and Makken delivered me a yummy piece of chocolate birthday cake from Sebastien's 12th birthday.  Makken demonstrated his new skill of twirling a baton--oh how I wish I had taken pictures!  They celebrated an early morning "breakfast with the giraffes" at the zoo--which sounds so delightful I want to do it myself.  (One of my favorite folk art pieces in my house is a large wooden pink giraffe I brought home from one of my trips years ago.)

My Sunday began with a chat with Jan and a trip to Whataburger for my morning coke and visit with Andy and Persephone.  You have to get up really early to be friends with these two wonderful people as they work the night shift.


Then I watched Galia's art class which led to other good videos on her website, Art is Magic.  And a podcast link to an interview on "On Being With Krista Tippet."

https://onbeing.org/programs/jonathan-rowson-integrating-our-souls-systems-and-society/

Then I sent a Happy Birthday email to Frank, remembering the day we met when he and my then-husband were tossing frisbees into Medina Lake for Tony to retrieve over and over.  Tony never tired of going into the lake after frisbees and those two men never tired of throwing them.  The two men in this story were twenty five and I was 18--so we go way back.  I have so many good memories with Frank and Joy!


No comments: