Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The Yellow House, by Sarah Broom, Part 1

I found a sample of this memoir on my Kindle.  I don't recall ordering it.  Maybe I heard Sarah Broom interviewed on NPR and ordered it.  Maybe someone suggested it.  Anyway, today, as I await the plumber, this is where I'm spending this Wednesday.

The best thing about books on paper is that they are present and visible before and during and after reading them.  You can touch them and write in them and flip back and forth with ease.  If I order a sample and like the book, I try to get it on paper instead of reading on the Kindle, so this is definitely one I'm going to get.

It starts "after the Waters" in New Orleans.  It starts when Sarah, the youngest child of a dozen, looks at the remains of the house in which she grew up, The Yellow House.


No comments: