Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Decisions, Decisions...

I'm having a Libra day over which Sketchbook Skool class to take!  Betty always says I make decisions by "consensus" because I tend to invite a multitude of opinions--then do what I want to do anyway!

Sketchbook Skool is taking a big step into the unfamiliar, getting out of my comfort zone with words.  Their website makes every class look so interesting I want to take them all, but Nellie (who told me about this in the first place) advises taking only one at a time.  I've narrowed it down to two:

Seeing and  Storytelling, leaning a bit toward the latter because Danny teaches a segment on sketching and road trips.

In Italy, while I was writing in my pretty blue journal that Betty gave me, Nellie was drawing in hers. She had prepared pages with watercolor backgrounds and sat in front of churches and art and sketched what she saw.  Her journal was a visual treat!

I do believe that getting outside one's comfort zone is important to keep the juices juicy.  When I'm on a road trip, my camera is right beside me.  On this upcoming trip--which coincides with the drawing class, I'll keep my sketchbook nearby and try drawing what I see.  If I'm brave enough, I'll post my results.

I'll be leaving for Georgia on October 13th--to see the fall colors. It's so vivid there in October that I'm going to need a whole package of magic markers and watercolor pens.

If you're interested in joining me for Sketchbook Skool, go to Sketchbookskool.com and check out the three classes, one of which begins October 3rd.

There's also a free drawing class at the McNay on Monday October 6th from 9 to 11.  If you're interested in joining this outdoor class, call Kate at McNay and see if there's still space available.

No comments: