Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Purple Garlic

Today has been a good, quiet day.  I've watched a few episodes, painted a bench for a coffee table, and had myself a solo dinner at the Purple Garlic, formerly Billy Bob's Burgers, on Austin Highway.

For $6, you can get two huge slices of pizza and a delicious caesar salad and a drink.  I had to bring one slice home for later.

I love discovering new places where the food is good and the atmosphere quiet--no TV.  If you'd like to try it, I recommend sharing the entrees, as they are very large servings.  They had a busload of people from an assisted living center and the parking lot was full of cars--so it obviously has a good reputation.

People were taking out carrot cake and Italian cream cake and all the diners seemed happy.

Another special thing about today.  My friend Nellie sent me these pictures of HER doll collection--all to be used in the making of art.

She purchased a box of heads and arms and legs (and other body parts)
at an auction.

Here are some parts laid out for an art piece.
I'll be anxiously awaiting pictures of the completed piece! 



No comments: