Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Moving Things Around

It's been a good weekend.  I cleaned the storage room, put things on the curb, watched said things walk away as I'd intended.  It's fun to see things you've liked for a long enough time start to be liked by other people.

Drove over to Carmen's to pick up a pine secretary I found there and met a man from England who's going to be a great trip advisor when I go there--hopefully next year or the next.  Then he delivered the pine piece and I filled up its cubicles, which set off a whole house stirring of energy that lasted all day with Scott and Bailey playing in the background.  Except for two phone conversations with my American mother and an American friend, then, my day has been filled with the lilt of accents from the United Kingdom, which I so enjoy.

I painted a bench on the porch to use as a coffee table, rearranged the lamps, and cleaned out my crafts and presents closet.  The dolls found their way into the new pine secretary, and all my drawing and painting pencils went into the cubicles.

When you change one thing in a house, everything around it changes.  I'm just glad my house is a small canvas and everything is within my reach to scoot here and there.  It's been like playing house all weekend, and now I shall return to Scott and Bailey and hopefully drift off to sleep soon.


No comments: