Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Netflix Travel

Cool air blew in yesterday--to the delight of all of us who have been waiting for the triple-digit temps to drop!

Those of us suffering allergies to pollen and ragweed and mold are now hoping for a few days of heavy rain to scrub the air.

I mean to get outside today, to walk, to move my body--now that I can no longer use the extreme heat as an excuse to stay inside in my movie cave.  Before I end my vicarious cinema travel, I want to list the highlights:  (In parenthesis beside each title is either the country or region or sub-culture that the film is about.)

Like Father, Like Son  (Japan)
Bliss (Turkey)
Wadjda (Saudi Arabia)
Unfinished Sky  (Australia)
Korkura (France)
Generation War  (Germany)
New Year Baby (Cambodia and U.S.)
The Stories We Tell (Canada)
Shunned (American Amish)
Happy Valley (Wales, BBC series)
The English Patient
Filling the Void (Orthodox Jewish community)
Last Tango in Halifax
As It Is In Heaven (Sweden)
Guilt Trip (U.S.)
Overnight (U.S.)
Under the Tuscan Sun (Italy)
After the Wedding (India and Denmark)
Mother Of Mine (Sweden)





No comments: