Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A little storm

For a few noisy minutes tonight, my house was lit up with lightning and pounded with hail.  I could hear crashes above and on all sides.  My poor little Blue outside is unprotected from hail, so I will see in the morning if she's been wounded.

It begins suddenly, with no warning, nighttime hail, and then it's over.  Silence has returned, all but the sound of nearby sirens.

For a short while, I considered trading Blue in for a more neck-friendly vehicle, but have decided I can't part with her.  She's taken me to good places and behaved well.  She has a good personality.  We are fond of each other, Blue and me, and you can't just lightly trade in a good road companion for another.

In fact, she may not be at all to blame for my pinched nerve.  I may have jumped to a hasty conclusion.  I hope she's not battered by the storm, and if she is, we'll just have to take her to the car doc and have her fixed up.




No comments: