Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Day's E-mail



Yesterday was insane.  Here's a snapshot, which if read with the right aplomb may be funny now:

Background: Tom is out of town.  Jackson stayed home sick.  Tony was at my house working. Trying to be a nice mommy to a sick kid, I went to Starbucks after work to get him a treat:

Scene: Starbucks at Giant

ME: I'll have a caramel frappacino and a peach green tea lemonade.  Plus these three chocolate croissants.

CLERK: That will be $11.53.

ME: (scan ... doesn't work) (scan again... doesn't work)

CLERK: turns to prep drinks

ME looks over and sees a giant glass of iced tea.

ME: Um... is that mine?

CLERK: Yes.

ME: I don't think so.

CLERK: Yes, it is.

ME: I ordered peach green tea lemonade.  That's just tea.

CLERK: I know.

ME: (inside my head: huh?) Outside my head: Where's the lemonade?

CLERK: We're out of lemonade.

ME: (inside my head: So, how were you planning on giving me  peach green tea lemonade?)  Outside my head: So, how were you planning on giving me peach green tea lemonade?

CLERK: We have tea.

ME: I didn't order tea.  I ordered peach... (pause) green tea... (pause)... LEMONADE.

CLERK: We don't have any lemonade.

ME: (inside my head: WE COVERED THAT) Outside my head: Well, I don't want it.

CLERK: Do you want a refund?

ME: (inside my head: NO I'D LIKE TO MAKE A FUCKING DONATION TO YOUR COMPANY) Outside my head: Yes.

CLERK: sigh... okay.

ME: You know, I think it would be a bit more helpful to the customer to know you don't have an item AS they are placing their order.

CLERK: (whining) I'm sorry.  I'm really really sorry.

ME: Yeah. The problem is that when I was here two weeks ago we walked through what goes in a Peach.  Green tea. Lemonade. That time you gave me a tea and just didn't realize lemonade was a part of the drink.

CLERK: I'm sorry.  We just ran out.

ME: (inside my head: WE'RE PAST THAT EVEN BEING THE POINT!  CAN I FIRE YOU MYSELF?)     Outside my head: mmmmmm.

CLERK: So, do you want a refund?

ME: yes.

Did I mention that through this entire episode I am dressed like a fucking COWGIRL?   Yep, it was a spirit day at school.

So.. then I went home and entered to Jackson calling from his room.  I handed him his drink, felt his forehead, put my work bag down, and then went to debrief with the builder.  Dressed like a COWGIRL.

Then Marcus came home and we went to his appointment.  With. Me.  Dressed. Like. A. COWGIRL.

Had to stop and pick up dinner.  Yep... still a COWGIRL.

The day finally ended with me sitting with Jackson, tutoring him in using quadratic equations to determine how long it takes a ball to reach 4 feet off the ground if you drop it from a 14 foot tall building and all I can think are two things:

1. If I threw that ball from across the Starbucks counter, would they have any lemonade? And 2. There is no bucking bronco on planet earth that is harder to ride than this day.

I love you.
Day




No comments: