Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Waking Up In La Casita

       Last night I slept like a baby in the casita, thanks to a sleeping aid shared by Freda--after telling her I'd been sleeping poorly for a few nights!   I'm doing a bed project inside and decided to take a little vacation and be a guest in my own guest house.  It was so nice I may do it again and again!

       I woke up just in time to take a quick bath before Will brings Elena for our Girls Play Date.

       Carlene is leaving Dot's house to drive the three miles home this morning and just sent me this sweet email, which will be my blog post for the day:

       "In an hour Dot will head to the kitchen and I will pack up / strip my bed / enjoy a leisurely breakfast and head for home .   I woke up thinking about your day with Elena and hoping it would be great!"

       "And then I thought the good reports you are getting are like tickets to another "segment" of years that resemble what I got 13 years ago when I got my pacemaker ..."

       "To think how extensive your tests and surgery have been (and thorough) and know you have doctors working on any recommendations and remedies you need - plus Gabi!- and so many precious friends -  and family - is my thought of special gratitude this morning - to accompany me home and get to your house on Tuesday!   And remembering the unknowns that went with getting my pacemaker, I can't be thankful enough that it keeps on stretching time for me!"

       The year after my daddy died, I was alarmed to learn that Carlene--my model of perfect health--had to have a pacemaker!  But all these years later, she's as strong, active, and healthy as ever, driving wherever she wants and walking her three miles every morning.  We're looking forward to a ten-day girls play date starting on Tuesday!








No comments: