Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

BEES and WASPS

Joy inquired as to whether or not I had filled my hummingbird feeder.  No, I said--I had it out for a week and the only things that showed up to partake of the nectar were wasps.

After a little emailing back-and-forth, I had to admit that I didn't really know the difference between the two--so she sent me this helpful guide:

Dear Linda, the flying insects in the top middle are wasp, the ones right above the scorpions are the aggressive yellow jackets also the very top red wasp can be aggressive.  Most of the bees are at the bottom with more rounded body, except a large bumble bee above and slightly left of the 2 yellow jackets.  Hope this helps.
xox
joy



Thanks, Joy!

I shall now boil my sugar and water and hope to attract some hummers!


No comments: