Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Double Feature

Just four days ago, Freda and Charlotte and Kate and I were raving about Matinee. the cafe.  We liked it so much Freda and I wrote positive reviews on Next Door.

Tonight, Pam and Jan and I returned to celebrate Jan's birthday.  Freda was there with her friend, Helene.


Long story short, I will forthwith refrain from raving until Visit #3--as tonight's food was nothing like what we'd had on Tuesday night.

We had a good time anyway, but the meal was very disappointing, and I'm calling it a dress rehearsal for another birthday celebration.  The owner said he was training a different cook on Saturday nights, and he comped our meal after I complained about the quality of the food.  The chicken in the parmesan was so tough that Pam (more gracefully than I'd have done) asked the waiter to cut hers up for her!




No comments: