Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

No problem???

Last night, driving over the Mississippi Bridge into Vicksburg, I took the first motel I saw--one with a view of the Mississippi River Bridge.   I was feeling out of sorts for breaking my own rule of listening to news in the car on long trips.  I was also feeling sort of Hank Williams lonesome. I had stayed in the same motel years ago; how bad could it be?

No lights worked in my room but the bathroom, neither did the land line phone or the internet.  I was so sleepy and could read on my Kindle, so the lack of light didn't bother me--until it did.

 I asked the office to give me a new room, and the manager said, "If you move more far down, the internet really won't work."

"But it already doesn't work," I said, questioning the logic of it not-working less.

Sure enough, the lights in 202 worked--but I had forgotten to ask for a key.  When I walked back to the front desk, I noted that the doorbell was broken.  I called and woke the boy on duty on my cell phone and he gave me a key.

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem," he said.




No comments: