Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Paper Mosaic

My first paper mosaic project was years ago.  Day was in college and I did paper designs on the fan blades in her room.

At the time, I didn't know what to call it--I just cut out and glued pieces of colorful paper onto the fan blades so that it looked like tile chips.

When I first moved into this house twenty years ago, I bought a little antique oak armoire and spent many hours cutting and tearing and gluing little pieces of wrapping paper onto the front of it.

Last week, I decoupaged paper tiles onto an old desk--leaving the drawers pine and painting the body of the desk red.  After my trip, I may do some more mosaic on some of the red parts, too.



Tonight, I made a big round tray for part of Day's birthday present.  The glue hasn't even dried yet, but here's where it stands as I head for bed.  When the glue dries and when I do the outside and spray it with clear acrylic, it will be finished and I'll post a better photo.

In this one, I cut all the paper into circles with a I-inch circle hole puncher and affixed them to the tray with Elmer's glue.


No comments: