Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2020

A Ford 150

 Yesterday, I was waiting in the cash machine line.  Ahead of me was a white Ford truck with a little dent in the bumper.  I got a little jolt when I saw the arm reaching out of the Ford's window, then saw the driver's all white hair.  

From that angle, truck, arms, and hair, it could have been Mike--except there were no UT stickers on the back window and the white hair wasn't braided in back. 

Just for a nanosecond, I wondered if Mike was in Texas? 

When I met Mike in 2007, he was driving the same truck.  Those trucks were meant to last; he's driving his still, though without MoJo now, his favorite dog ever who died this year. 

I was traveling solo, just getting started on a long road trip to Cape Cod, when I took the Hope, Arkansas exit, and went into the train depot-turned visiting center....

The brief sighting of a stranger yesterday took my mind on a whole other trip.  I might write some more about that trip today....



No comments: