Pages

Monday, August 24, 2020

Playing, Potatoes, Pizza and Pam, and Puppies

 On Saturday night, Pam got pizza and invited me over to share.  We sat in her yellow living room with purple trim and art all over the walls and books on the coffee table--and I thought, "Hey, this feels like real life for a minute!" 

During this COVID time, I've shared very few meals and each one has been memorable--two dinners at Jan's, a couple of meals with the Pritchetts on their porch, and spontaneous meals with Kate some days and Pam other days.  It usually starts out with "I'm cooking, want to come over?" or "I'm hungry for pizza; are you?" 

Those are among the happiest memories of this pandemic.  Talking.  Eating.  Laughing.  Looking around their houses.  Flipping through their books. Feeling normal again. 

My house smells like concrete and men are working here all the time, so I have mostly had simple meals--chalupas and barbecue and other quickies--in the casita. While playing with paint.  Painting pink potatoes.  Looking online for puppies, preferably black, preferably small.

I found this little guy named Ivan, but unfortunately he had already found a home--as had every single puppy on the site:


Janet and Joy and other sensible dog lovers have suggested I get a dog who's already house trained and over the chewing stage, but I have to tell you: If I saw this little blue-eyed furry baby in person, I couldn't walk away, no way! 

Looking online at dogs must be sorta like online dating.  You go in thinking you know what (or what sort of who) you're looking for, and then suddenly Mr. Right shows up and you're smitten. 

If you want to take a look at Ivan and Georgia and Vinny (just a few I know by name), check out crocketdoodles.com.


No comments: