Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Inside the House Again

It feels like I've been on a long trip and am seeing things I forgot I had.  The pink Balinese giraffe is still overlooking my bedroom, a reminder of the 13 years since I brought her home from Johnson City, Tennessee. After moving a few mirrors from room to room, I'm seeing them as if they are brand new. 

I had forgotten how comfortable my mattress is, too.  I watched the entire Season 5 of Rita, a story about a free-spirited Danish schoolteacher.  I hadn't watched the first four seasons in a long time, and this was a perfectly wonderful finale--if it is a finale. I love the characters, and I love the way everyone lets everyone else be exactly who they are. 

I also love my new bathroom with its shiny blue floors and yellow door.  Tony fixed the plumbing problem today and all we have left to do is patch the hole in the shower tile that had to be made to fix the faucet. 

My niece, Mary Elizabeth, and I have been texting back and forth all day about dogs.  She has two dogs and a cat, and here's McSweet, the newest member of her clan.   He's a Shih Poo and she's crazy about him--as am I just from his photograph.  Is he adorable or what?




No comments: