Pages

Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday afternoon

This is what school looks like--multiplied by millions across the country.   Nathan's band class is on his back porch and Elena's 3rd grade class meets in the dining room.





Meanwhile, Day and family are shopping for desks this week for Marcus and Jackson.  Jackson is doing his first year at the junior college, then going off to college next fall.

Desks, Day says, are hard to find.  They are hoping to find something at IKEA tonight.

As for me: I had to return a toilet and buy another, then found out from Tony the plumber that Carlos is going to have to re-do a section of tile because the shank for the faucet is too deep into the wall.  

So today has been a series of runs to and from stores, re-doing a few of the things I thought were already done.

Here's a cool shot from the week.  Carol Ann, Carlene's friend, sent me this--a photo of Carlene (Carlotta to my daddy) standing beside Carol Ann's husband's car, 1925, same vintage as my mama!



No comments: