Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARLENE!

Happy Birthday to my mama, Carlene! 

It's just past midnight, Georgia time, so if I write real fast,  I'll be the first to wish you a Happy 95th birthday on the actual date. 

Here we are celebrating 94 at O'Charley's, just a year ago.  With all that's happened since your last birthday, it seems so long ago! If the virus hadn't  happened, I'd be there today. 


Here you are with Richard, Dot, and David.  Check out that fancy skirt!  Since you made all your clothes, this is no doubt one you designed and made yourself.  

This is your college picture, the one my daddy carried in his wallet when he was in the Navy. 

And here you are, finally back together after the Navy--1945.  Since you eloped, you always said, "I didn't get the wedding I might have wanted, but I got the man I wanted!"

"Why did you elope?" I asked.

"Because it was wartime and we were crazy," you said. 



Ninety five candles, ninety five years--and here you are, wearing those years incredibly lightly! 

By the time I wake and ring you, you'll already have walked around the block a time or two.  But I'll find you. You'll have your phone in your pocket and you'll be listening. 

I love you!

Linda









No comments: