Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Tree

High dose flu shots are now available at CVS.  My doctor recommended getting one as soon as possible, especially during this pandemic.  

So yesterday, I got mine--as did Carlene last week. Today I feel slightly dizzy and achey, nothing major, but I've turned off the phone and spent the day relaxing, watching a terribly acted movie (The Tree)  that interests me because it's about an 88-year-old woman who set out on an ill-advised 600-mile road trip in an old car.  

Her goal is to see her best friend from childhood.  In flashbacks, the friend calls out to Dorothy Jane, "I'll meet you at the tree."  

I'm reminded of all the times Betty and I met and sat in my "treehouse"--which was really only a couple of planks--a great place to read and talk and disallow younger brother and sister visitors' entrance to our private tree house.

Neither of us climbs trees anymore, but we love looking at them, especially the fall orange, red, and yellow trees in the North Georgia mountains.  We won't get to take our fall road trip to North Georgia and North Carolina this year, but as soon as this pandemic is over, I see a road trip on the horizon.



No comments: