Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Monday Night

RAIN--we had rain today!  Not a lot but enough to do that thing rain does to one's energy and mood. Rain seems to infuse me with something that lifts my spirits every time.  Some say it's negative ions, but it feels like happy juice. 

RE-ARRANGING--Getting back to making things I always start by rearranging.  It's part of the process. Move this art table there, move this desk here, fold up all the random tablecloths, sort the pencils and brushes.  Now I'm all set for a day of painting.  The background sounds are lessons I've already watched but wanted to watch again to remind me of techniques that work with different materials. 

ORDERING--I ordered a light fixture and a Talavera sink from Etsy.  Actually, I ordered two Talavera sinks because Rosalinda said I could return whichever one I like least.  They've already been shipped from Laredo and will be here on the 5th--same day I pick up the rest of the tile. Not only are there infinitely more choices on Etsy, but the prices are better than stores in town.

TALKING TO PEOPLE--Will and Bonnie and the kids called from Durango, where they would like to live someday.  They've rented a jeep and explored mountain passes around Silverton (exactly where we used to do that when my kids were kids), hiked, spotted a black bear, kayaked, biked, and cooked fish they caught at Molas Lake.  Reluctantly, they are heading back to Texas heat on Wednesday and Thursday. 

FORGETTING--I forgot I was supposed to go get my blood work done today, so we re-scheduled for Wednesday.  Since March, I haven't kept a calendar because there's so rarely any event or appointment I have to remember. 


No comments: