Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

Prosperity

Once when a group of friends were talking about prosperity,  Janet quipped that she "feels rich" if she can order guacamole on her taco at Chipotle.

This morning, she told me she had painted her bedroom five times in seven years.   I love that about Janet. What she does, she does full on, and there's no stopping her--whether it's activism or painting rooms for herself or her friends.  

Whenever I need a color consult, I call Janet.  She knows every color in the Sherwin WIlliams fan like a personal friend.  

I showed her pictures of my new tile and she suggested Stardust (not a SW brand but one they were able to match for me) --which is almost identical to the color I'd picked myself: a light blue-gray.  So I came home with primer and two sample quarts and tonight or tomorrow, the results will be revealed. 

Prosperity means true friends,  family members who are friends, naps, colors, changing things around just because I want to, good books, sharing meals (which is now very rare), kindness wherever it pops up, a new art teacher online who inspires me, phone calls, and yes, guacamole on your tacos. 

Yesterday I discovered Jane Davies on Pinterest, followed the trail to her website, then found many terrific videos on You Tube.  On one, she picked up a chicken from her yard and put ink on his feet and let him walk around on her paper! Elena would love her!

Speaking of chickens and grandmother riches: I got a letter from my pen pal Elena today with four chicken feathers enclosed. 





No comments: