Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Fun Sunday

Today has been such a fun day!  I'm way late in coming to this, but I have decided, with Mike's expert help, that yard work is among the most rewarding things to do.

We've arranged rocks around the beds and Mike has loaded and unloaded tons of mulch, soil and rock--which I've assisted in laying about on the ground.  He's made a path from car to door with flat rocks, and I've planted grass seed in the holes left after moving some rocks that have been down for years.

We sat on the porch under a half moon tonight and talked about how good it feels to change a little front yard in one day.   After this workout from dawn to dusk, I feel I'm on the way to getting in better shape.

Many of my friends love yard work, but until today, I didn't get it.  Every once in a while, I'd say, "I can't do another thing," and Mike would say, "Yes, you can," and sure enough, I could.

I love the artistry on seed packets

Esperanzas and firecracker bushes
are much happier in a thick bed of mulch
surrounded by Arizona River Rocks

Mike keeps thinking of things that need doing--which suits me fine because I don't want him to leave!


No comments: