Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Grand Babies

I just got this adorable picture from Bonnie: her grandson, Marquam--taken while she's in Vermont and her daughter and daughter-in-law are visiting from Boston.



Then I got this sweet picture of my cousin Beth with her daughter's foster baby, Lola.


Lola, with pacifier in her mouth, is watching Beth work.  Missy hopes to adopt Lola.  Both foster mom and foster grandmother have fallen in love with her.  

I got this note from Pam, another grandmother--and I asked her if I could share:

I was preparing to leave when Ben arrived home yesterday evening. Claire had made a beautiful bowl of pasta and timed it perfectly to be on the table, piping hot, when he walked through the door. 

I had gotten as far as the porch and remembered my sunglasses. Unsure whether they were in my purse or the car I went back in the house. Sitting on the sofa, rummaging through my bag, I was only half listening to Ben's conversation with Claire. 


For no reason I know of, Ben left the table and came over and put his arm around my shoulder, leaned his head against mine before offering a tiny kiss on my face. No doubt that is a gesture he has seen his dad perform a myriad of times but given Ben's aversion to kisses and public displays of affection, it was a magical moment-one that won't soon be forgotten. 


Maybe I am sharing because in Brain Pickings this morning there was a piece about happiness, quotes from Willa Cather and Luis Borges and the like. As I read, my thoughts returned to small boys and the magic of a kiss...







No comments: