Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

A spot of yellow

I couldn't resist adding my two-cents worth to the painting effort--sitting in a chair and catching drips--but Mr. Hardheaded Mike is painting on.  He pointed out that the men across the street are working, and then I pointed out that they are half our age.  "Age has nothing to do with anything," he said.

"You know Debbie would say that wall needs a second coat," he said--gazing at the slightly streaky first coat.  So there you have it--we agreed--Paint Lady's word goes!

I'm looking forward now to opening the casita as a part-time Air BnB soon--as the outside is going to be as fun as the inside, bright yellow with some accent tiles and other things.  Mike wants to add a huge eyeball to be seen from the street, but I nixed that idea.

We got some beautiful light fixtures from Nando's place, a turquoise chicken, and a big pot for plants.  And a chance for Mike to pet horses and goats and the dog.

So now, I'm going to take a nap and hope that he comes in before the sun knocks him down.

This is the most fun building project I've ever done--whether I make money on it or not.  It's like designing a play house with someone who says, "Go for it!" to every idea I have.




No comments: