Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

The Minutes

On first glance, you wouldn't know it, but Mike is something of a wise man, maybe a mensch.  He believes in "enjoying every minute" for one thing.  And he'll stop whatever he's doing if a neighbor or friend needs something repaired or a ride to the airport or whatever.

This morning, he was repairing an old pocket watch and he said, "I wondered where all those minutes went. When they are gone, you can never get them back."



He's right.  I can never get my strong legs and flexible joints back--the ones that served me well in motorcycle riding days:

Age 23

And even with gourds in my T-shirt (this picture taken by Mike seven years ago), some parts of my body are not quite as perky as they used to be:

2007 at Mike's place


But the minutes of this day are good!

I hope yours are too!  It's not what we used to have that matters so much, I guess--it's what we do with the minutes we have this very day.


No comments: