Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Day 26, Monday

               1. What I'm going to show you today is not art--but I'm offering it to you in the spirit of playfulness, maybe meditation if you want to elevate it a bit:

One of the You Tubers who introduced me to willy nilly collage--gluing and taping and marking on a page with whatever is at hand--is Cat Hand.  Another, Nina Ribina, calls these master boards: you do basically the same thing, but then you make color copies and cut them up into pieces and use them to make other things.

This is my first effort, displayed on my bedspread yesterday.  Today I will see if I can pull it together in some way.  I chose generic ink for my printer at its last change and the colors--should I try to copy them--won't capture the actual colors very well.  Next time I'll but the name-brand ink.


The good thing about this particular background-making collage is that you can listen to podcasts or audio books or even watch films without subtitles while you make them!

                  2.  A few years ago, Diana--one of the members of my Sunday writing group--introduced me to the blog of Sherry,  her writer friend who lives in Bali.  I love Sherry's posts.  The one she wrote for today really spoke to me, a kindred introvert.  Sherry's recent blog posts were about her trip to Italy, to celebrate her 70th birthday.  Now she is back in Bali going through her own self-quarantine.

https://writingforselfdiscovery.com/author/writingforselfdiscovery/

                 3. "The Heart Guy"--the Australian series I've been watching on Acorn--is a good distraction, but I decided last night to watch a shorter series on Netflix today: Unorthodox.




No comments: