Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

Three things

Sorry to clog up your inbox,  but I have three more things to tell you on Day 30:

1.

Kate called this morning and said she was feeling a little blue.  But the good news, she said, was that her pomegranate tree was blooming.

So I went outside and looked at mine and saw 8 blooms and about that many buds.  (Jan's tree right next door is so laden she's going to have to sell pomegranates!)

So then Kate and I started snapping pictures and showing each other our plants--I showed her my Confederate Jasmine and the oh-so-happy Blackfoot daisies and all the plants Bonnie and Will had planted for me this year, and she showed me hers.  We were laughing like little girls at an Easter egg hung--oh whee!  look I found one!

Little baby tomatoes

Luscious fragrant jasmine

Black foot daisies


That little phone party pushed the blues right out of her hair and mine!

I have a volunteer (and loaded) cherry tomato plant growing  between the leaves of a fern.  Joy and Kate both want seeds, so my instructions are to let them dry and save the seeds for them.

When Bonnie and Will designed and planted my back yard, it was as if they knew we were going to have a time ahead when I would need a pretty back yard more than ever! When  I walk out there every day, I still gasp in delight to see the yard looking so amazing after a two-year pitiful  spell!

I only lost a few Blackfoot daisies but the ones that remain are lush and show-offy!  I called Evergreen to get some more, but they don't have them yet.  They promised to call when they come in.

2.

If anyone has any old-timey family pictures, preferably close ups in black and white or sepia, and if you could send me some by email, I would SO appreciate it!  One of my projects includes old photos, many of strangers; it would be great to replace these strangers with  people related to my people!



3.

While looking online for pictures, I found this one taken during the 1918 flu pandemic:







No comments: