Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Day 36

Today's a beautiful spring day, and I smell like rosemary--which I've been clipping a bit while talking on the phone.

Reyes and Jose are making great progress on prepping for floor installation--what incredibly cheerful men they both are!  It's such a pleasure to hear laughter throughout the day, and Reyes can do anything as far as I can tell.  He's hauled off the old carpet and will lay the floors tomorrow. I stepped in for a second to take a look and the smell of Chlorox was overwhelming, so that mold doesn't have a chance.

I drove to the Urth Juice Bar and then decided to try Mexican take-out one more time.  So far, my efforts have proved unsatisfactory, but Taqueria Los Dos Laredo on Austin Highway makes yummy fajitas, as good as any I've had anywhere.

Will told me that three firefighters have tested positive, so his health is my number one concern right now.  All the rest of my family members and most of my friends are still in quarantine.

I know the peak hasn't hit San Antonio yet, but I'm determined to stay in my house as long as needed.  Having a project and having sunshine, both make the days feel way less oppressive than they might.  After whacking some rosemary and pulling weeds, I'm ready for a nap.






No comments: