Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Day 42

Forty days has a sort of Biblical ring to it, doesn't it?

Now that we've passed the forty-day mark, I'm looking back at some of the changes:

My scales indicate that I have acquired six extra pounds.

The volume of junk mail has decreased by at least six pounds--changes I hope we will continue after this Pandemic.

My hair is long again, bangs down to my nose.

Masks are starting to look almost normal.  At the grocery store, the clerk said, "I like your mask," and  I realized that was a sentence I never expected to hear on any day but Halloween, if then.

The occupant of the White House, always off the rails, is now deep in a ditch of irrationality--firing an expert in immunization, just when we need him most, and eating up two and a half hours that cold be used for news with his rambling insults and blame.

Thanks to said occupant, the U.S. has fewer friends internationally than we have ever had before.

The governor of Georgia, always a self-serving politician, has decided to use Georgians as guinea pigs, send them back to beauty shops, nail salons, and tattoo parlors, see what happens.

Organizing drawers and closets does not count as exercise.

The formerly mold-ridden casita is now freshly floored and arranged and ready to play!

I'm learning how to stretch everything, especially food and furnishings.  I gave Reyes and his family some chairs and tables and realized that I have everything I want and need.  I even found some great curtains in storage that pull my dining room together just right.  And food?  I buy in volume rather than going to the store every other day.

I have learned that projects are central to my happiness and I'm loving having so many projects to do right now and to look forward to.

What I miss most is seeing my family and friends in person, whenever we feel like it.














No comments: