Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day 28

A longtime member of NPR, I've never before actually joined PBS, until today.  You can join for $60 a year, and what a bargain that is.

As I began to pursue my options, I found World on Fire for bingeing and thought it had only three episodes.  So I watched those three and now realize that there are four more.

This inflammatory syndrome I have erupts  when I eat flour (cake, bread, cookies, etc.) or when I am in the presence of mold.  Every spot on my body aches,  I get tired and frustrated, and I'm not inclined to talk until it passes.  Taking pain pills is not a solution, but it does make me a nicer person and eliminates pain for six hours at a time while I'm vowing to get back on track.

I bagged up all my crackers and spaghetti, bread and pancake mix, and will either give it to Jan or deliver it to the firefighters at my next opportunity.

What I can eat when my sweet tooth starts talking to me are lemon pudding, coconut pudding, rice pudding, egg custard, etc.  Tomorrow I will be sure to add ingredients to my next grocery list.

In the meanwhile, I just happened to have whipping cream and fresh Meyer lemons from Jan's tree, so I made a midnight cup to enjoy on Day 28.

***

The cardinals and other birds are having a party with all the bread-stuff I'm tossing out this morning!




No comments: