Pages

Monday, April 13, 2020

Day 33

Today I did a few things that felt almost normal.

I bought gas for the car, drove through a car wash, and got flooring samples at a floor store, curbside.

I was masked and gloved, the clerk was masked and gloved--and she actually rolled a big display counter outside the store so I could choose my samples.  Four-foot-long samples.  Five dollars apiece.

She made a phone call, the samples were delivered from inside, and when I held out my credit card, she said, "Nah, just take 'em."


Day nabbed it when she called this lockdown a "roller coaster." Not a big fancy theme park roller coaster, just a rumbling old coaster, little ups, little downs.

Yesterday was a down.  Today was a little up.  A project.  Something to do that required getting out.

So the floors will be installed this week and I can soon return to my casita to make things--maybe by the weekend.




No comments: