Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

Day 38: Cactus flower's birthday

A few months ago, Nora--who cleaned my house--gave me a few cactus leaves, just snapped them right off hers when I admired them.  "Just stick them in the dirt," she said.  So I did.

Admittedly I am not an experienced gardener like some of you, (Kate, Jan, Gerlinde, Chris, Veronica, and Joy) but I was thrilled this morning to walk out and see that one of those buds had popped open and exploded into bright yellow. Like magic!




"Easy Peasy, huh?" Kate wrote when I sent her the picture.

"If it's cactus, yes!" I wrote back.

I guess I'm a cactus person; all my succulents are happy.  They seem to do just fine with planters like me, the kind who just stick a leaf in the dirt and go about my business.

And to top off the pleasure, this beauty came from a leaf that was wonky and dry and almost got tossed! She looks very much like the yellow rose of Texas on this her birthday.


No comments: