Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Heading East

The title of this tab is now inaccurate--as I'm traveling east.
Heading out soon from this motel in Phoenix toward San Antonio.

My thoughts are all over the map--as you can tell from my four Phoenix posts.

Tennyson said, "I am a part of all that I have met."
And all the people we've ever met become parts of us.

We don't just leave our hearts in San Francisco; we leave parts of it everywhere we go.
And every little pencil point dot on the map that we've ever been moves right into our hearts, stretching the map of what we know and love.

Heading east, I'm thinking of Georgia, too, my homeland: a place of kudzu and biscuits and gravy and church music and peaches and pies and shelling peas on the back porch.   A time when you met your incoming guests at the airplane door, no security checks.

Heading east, I'm thinking of my writing groups and San Antonio friends.  I'm thinking of Halloween  and wondering where I put my witch's hat from last year.

It's time to go home.  I've had a gracious plenty of everything!



No comments: