Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday Night in Corning

The drive here was beautiful, but I felt a little sad driving across the Oregon line, just for a minute, just as I will when I cross the California line.

Every day has its gifts--and Mt.Shasta in the distance was the main attraction today--just as soon as I topped the highest peak in Oregon on Highway 15, heading south.

Another gift was a berry turnover in a great little bakery--I got a yen for pie driving along, and it was so good I went right back in and bought another.  To tell the whole truth, I bought three more--but I'm keeping the other two hidden from myself in the car until morning.

Tomorrow, I'll be heading toward Calistoga--as both RonĂ© and Dr. Linda have insisted that a soak in the hot springs there will heal everything.  The pain in the hips was acting up on the drive here, so I'm going downstairs in this Best Western right now to soak in their hot tub, too.  Then I have to decide: whether to brave the possible crowds and stop by Yosemite, or head back the most direct route.  I'll let you know, of course, you who are reading along as I go!




No comments: