Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The last day I can say 64....

I remember starting this year with the song ringing in my ears: "Will you still love me...when I'm sixty four...?" and here it is, the ending of that iconic age, 64....

I'm choosing to follow Rone's advice and head toward Oregon--after all, I'm so close!

At some point I want to write about some of the wonderful letters that show up in my Inbox:

Dr. Linda in Woodland Hills--who writes me daily letters regarding my body and urging me to go back to Indian Hot Springs on my way back....and infuses my days with her humor....

Linda Kot in Cape Cod--whose letters always deepen what I'm seeing with her insights....

Carlene--who writes daily glimpses for my blog, connecting my past with my present in ways that have such meaning for me.  How lucky I am to have a mother who helps me remember and who calls daily to cheer me on as I travel!

Stephanie, my new friend in Healdsburg, who has invited me to stay with her on the way back; Rone, my friend in Woodland Hills who has offered me the guest bed in her house.  What wonderful hospitality!

If I'm going to make it to Oregon, I better stop writing now and return later to these subjects so dear to my heart: the gift of turning 65 in the aspen country--and friendships old and new.




No comments: