Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Just a quick note this morning--as I see my laptop battery is in the red--before beginning the final 1377 miles toward home....

I felt like a marathon winner closing in on the finish line yesterday:

I texted Rone:  "I'm in Santa Barbara, okay now I'm in Venturs, okay I think I need to pull over and take a quick nap."

Rone's texts to me: "You're just ninety miles; you're just an hour; you're almost here; we have ice cream; you can do it!"

Is that how it is for runners heading toward the tape, having that voice in the ear saying "You can do it! Just one more mile.  We have ice cream!"?

Linda came over in her roadster; Brad and Meara and Rone made dinner; I brought sweets from the bakery in San Luis Obipso--what an amazing and unforgettable close for a journey with my Southern California friends and travel advisors!

Before packing up and leaving California and heading home, I am sending a giant hug to these adorable people who started me on the California trek and welcomed this weary traveler for a Texas send-off!

I will take memories of your hospitality with me everywhere I go from here!
Big love to you all!





No comments: