Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Okay. I did it!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU ALL--Nellie especially for giving me this recipe for turkeys!  Mine, you will notice, if you compare the five I made to the ones on the website, are messy, crooked nosed, and eyeless every one.

But I wanted to be a good grandmother and so there you have it--my feeble efforts to make turkeys for Elena's second Halloween.  In a few minutes, my tiny house will be filled with chickens and superheroes and famous people, all little, all about to get a sugar high on Oreos and Bodega Bay taffy and jelly beans. 

You know they do studies on everything.  I heard on NPR this morning that "studies show" that kids who get only one piece of candy are happier than kids who get a lot at each house.  A Baby Ruth and a piece of bubble gum only dashes the joy--stick to the Baby Ruth, they say.

I am about to place this witch's hat upon my head and start growling.  Happy Halloween, Everybody!

No comments: