Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 10

2:18 a.m.

I've been gluing little pieces of paper onto big pieces of paper, resulting in some potential background pages for something. But what?

I don't have the focus or enthusiasm to take it further than that right now, so I'm just going with the glue and torn giblets of paper.  Standing at the table by my kitchen window, tearing and gluing while talking on the phone or baking cornbread--this steadies me for several hours in a "shelter in place" day.

I don't  presume to call this art, it's just  play, like first grade.  Sometimes it moves my mind out of fear and into peace. Occasionally, in spite of everything I'm afraid of, there are little pinpoints of light I could call happiness.

We're all finding our way, doing what we can, whatever has the possibility of bringing in flickers of light.


No comments: